We are hiring one full-time farm crew member position for 2018!
Contact us with a resume and cover letter.
To Apply: E-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 612-360-4777.
- Our employment opportunities are especially beneficial for, but not limited to, someone exploring or pursuing vegetable farming as a career. There will be opportunities for significant education on our farm as well as in conjunction with neighboring organic farms. Preference is given to qualified applicants who are interested in returning to the farm for an additional season or more.
- We will accept applications on a rolling basis until positions are filled (ideally by February).
- Sin Fronteras Farm & Food is a 3.5 acre certified organic vegetable farm located near Stillwater, MN, approximately 25miles east of Minneapolis. Sin Fronteras Farm & Food is owned and operated by Eduardo Rivera. The upcoming growing season will be our fifth season in operation. We grow for approximately 60 CSA shares, several wholesale accounts (including local food co-ops and and a few restaurants) and a farmers market booth twice a month, June – October.
- We are looking for dedicated and hard-working people that are self-motivated, organized, efficient and show attention to detail to help grow some of the highest quality, organic vegetables around! Previous production farm experience is desired, but not required. This position is best suited for those seriously interested in farming as a profession. Sin Fronteras is a production farm and we have high standards of efficiency and pace, and expect you to be able to step up, move quickly, think ahead, and keep up. This will be a great place for people that want to work hard, learn the business of farming, and have fun in the process!
- Employees must have a vehicle (not a deal breaker if you don’t), a positive attitude, be physically fit and able to regularly lift 40+ lbs, be interested in working side-by-side with other people, and enjoy working outside in all types of weather and sometimes uncomfortable physical situations.
- Greenhouse work, seeding, weeding and transplanting.
- Harvesting, washing and packing for CSA deliveries/wholesale accounts.
- Cover cropping, irrigation and record keeping.
- Involvement with farmers market activities 2 Saturdays per month: selling, marketing, display-making, farm tours.
- Upkeep of farm grounds.
- Have fun.
- Pay is $10/hr, depending on experience. You also are welcome to free produce from the farm. Housing is not available, but we can facilitate your housing search. We offer structured learning plans. Employees choose their focus, giving you further insight into organic farming practices beyond the day-to-day field work and helping Eduardo to guide and mentor you throughout the season. Priority given to those applicants that want to work for multiple years. Training and support for the right candidate to take on more of a management role in future years. Meals are on your own or with other farm staff.
- Farm crew members must be able to stay for the entire duration of the season.
- The typical workweek is 6:30 am – 4pm, Monday thru Friday, with a 45 minute break for lunch. We need you to be willing to work two Saturdays a month, working the farmers market stand in Minneapolis. Hours can vary depending on weather, but usually range from 40-48 hours/week. Interest and priority given to candidates that have previous farm experience and can return to Sin Fronteras for a second or third season.
Send current resume and three work-related references and related items listed below to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis and positions will be ideally filled by late February. Serious candidates must be able to meet for an in-person working interview.
Please include in your materials:
- Past work experience
- Farming goals
- Explanation of why you are interested in working on our farm
- Explanation of your qualifications for this position
- 3 work references (farm references are a plus)
- Free honey
- Two 1 hour massages
- 2 pairs of Farm to Feet socks
- Crew shirt and hoodie
- Abundant produce from the farm.
- Limited tractor work experience
- Connections to other farms to broaden their farm experience based on their interest.
- Development of a growing season learning plan on topics such as cover cropping, budgeting, soil health, post-harvest handling, organic certification, and pest management to help direct particular educational goals of each employee.
- Employee check-ins at the beginning, middle and end of each season to ensure employees are gaining the skills and background they need to be successful in their future pursuits.
- Ability to take on more responsibility of certain aspects of the farm as the season progresses based on interest and abilities.
The Crew: The farm crew for the 2018 season will consist of Eduardo Rivera and 2 full-time seasonal farm crew members and 3 work share members.